Job partnerships and SME promotion in Tunisia II - Implementation of a Technical Support Fund for SMEs
Expert 1: International Team Leader
The project “Job partnerships and promotion of small- and medium-sized enterprises in Tunisia II” (JPMF TUN II), which this procedure is part, is implemented by GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
It aims to promote the creation of decent jobs in the automotive, maritime and aeronautic sector in Tunisia through activities in the following action areas:
- the creation of job partnerships with domestic and foreign investors,
- the promotion of small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and
- the support for the development of these clusters in Tunisia.
The objective of the procedure is to stengthen the capacities of growth-oriented small and medium-sized enterprises.
The following work package will have to be performed:
- Work package 1: Needs Assessment and Service Piloting
- Work package 2: Calls for technical support proposals
- Work package 3: Delivery of technical support services
- Work package 4: Integrating and strengthening of local sector structures and knowledge transfer
- Work package 5: Information / Communication
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by the project at local and national level
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas: product, market access and business practices.
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality)
- Staff management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts
- Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines Responsibility for checking the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the officer responsible for the commission at GIZ
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- Work package 1: Sample identification, design and piloting of survey instruments, supervision of data collection in enterprise survey, drafting and finalization of needs assessment report, validation of SME needs with stakeholders, quality assurance of the service packages, supervision of the piloting of the service packages, drafting of process evaluation report.
- Work package 2: Development of materials for the call for technical support proposals, development of criteria for the ranking of the technical support proposals, evaluation of the technical support proposals and ranking of applicants, selection of treatment groups and control groups by randomization in collaboration with the impact evaluation implementers, development of a wave-specific technical support plan detailing which SME receives which technical support services.
- Work package 3: Supervision of the delivery of technical support services to enterprises, development of an evaluation report.
- Work package 4: Management of the implementation of the concept on integrating and strengthening of local sector structures and knowledge transfer.
- Work package 5: Moderation of 1-day launch workshop with information for sectoral stakeholders, 1-day summary workshop after the implementation of the first wave of the technical support fund, drafting of the summary report of SME conference.
- Postgraduate University degree (German ‘Diplom’/Master) in the field of economics or law or management or engineering.
- Effective operational proficiency of English (C2) and French (C2)
- 7 years of professional experience in business consulting.
- 5 years of professional experience in business activities related to the promotion of SMEs
- 2 previous projects as a team leader or pool manager in setting up a larger structure for corporate support services), including the subsequent delivery management.
- 2 years of work experience in the MENA region, incl. 1 year in a francophone country of the region.
- 2 years of experience working on development cooperation projects.
- 3 years of experience conducting enterprise surveys.
50 wd remote
100 wd in the country of assignment
Duration of assignment
Deadline for applications