Technical Assistance to support the implementation of the “Blue economy for job creation and climate change adaptation” programme in Tanzania
This project aims to support the implementation and coordination of the “Blue economy for job creation and climate change adaptation” programme and the related and the related Team Europe Initiative (TEI) in Tanzania.
The Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing the substantive, organisational and managerial aspects in order to support the implementation and coordination of the “Blue economy for job creation and climate change adaptation” programme and the related Team Europe Initiative (TEI) in Tanzania. This includes in particular:
- pro-active engagement of Tanzania stakeholders (the relevant institutions in Tanzania) and EU stakeholders (EU Delegation and relevant DGs) for strategic direction of the “Blue economy for job creation and climate change adaptation” programme and the related Team Europe Initiative (TEI) in Tanzania;
- steering of visibility and outreach activities;
- efficient coordination of overall project activities;
- responsibility of day-to-day management of the project;
- achievement of the project's objectives and expected results;
- sound management of the budget entrusted to the Project Management Unit (PMU);
- administrative management of the PMU office;
- reporting on a monthly basis on progress in the programme's implementation, including on financial aspects.
- He/she will maintain close contact with the Contracting Authority and with the relevant institutions in Tanzania.
Qualifications and skills required:
General professional experience:
- Preferably a Master’s degree in financial management, business administration, sciences, environmental economics, climate change, economics, international relations or equivalent. Alternatively, a University degree in the above-mentioned fields or equivalent with 15 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
Specific professional experience:
- Preferably 12 years of experience.
- Good knowledge of EU policies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Tanzania Government and policies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU Strategic Partnerships / Cooperation Facilities / Policy priorities would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with EU external and policy priorities and programmes relevant to Blue Economy for job creation, Climate Change Mitigation/Adaptation, Biodiversity, Clean Energy, Good Governance, Trade development, Gender and youth.
- Experience in developing training materials and facilitating training workshops.
- Expertise in institutional capacity-building for Government Departments.
- Experience as a Team Leader in managing large technical assistance projects / EU Programmes in the fields of development finance and investment mechanisms, marine resources management and conservation, sustainable fisheries, ocean governance, climate change and resilience, sustainable tourism, support to budget support operations and/or programme coordination.
- Technical expertise in one or more sectors of EU-Tanzania policy dialogue and cooperation would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU sectoral policies and external cooperation would be an advantage.
- Work experience in middle-income countries, preferably Tanzania, would be an advantage.
Start of assignment
Deadline for applications