Inter-institutional single framework contract in two lots for the provision of support for the monitoring of LIFE projects (action grants and operating grants), communication about the LIFE programme and other related activities
Lot 1 - Provision of assistance for the technical and financial monitoring of ongoing projects funded from previous and on-going LIFE programmes and on thematic support.
LIFE is the main European Commission funding mechanism for improving the state of the environment in the European Union.
Particip GmbH is responsible for the management of the ELMEN EEIG. Particip provides the Administrative Team, the financial management, and one of the two Managing Directors of ELMEN EEIG, and is therefore responsible for ensuring an effective operation of business activities and the compliance with contractual requirements. The overall management tasks include budgeting, accounting and controlling, as well as guaranteeing high team performance and quality assurance.
The general objective of LIFE is to contribute to the implementation, updating and development of EU environmental and climate policy and legislation by co-financing projects with European added value. The general objectives of LIFE shall be pursued through four sub-programmes:
- Nature and biodiversity
- Circular economy and quality of life
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Clean energy transition
The specific objectives of LIFE are:
- To contribute to the transition towards a resource-efficient, low-carbon and climate resilient economy, to the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment and to halting and reversing biodiversity loss, including the support of the Natura 2000 network and tackling the degradation of ecosystems;
- To improve the development, implementation and enforcement of Union environmental and climate change policy and legislation, and to act as a catalyst for, and promote, the integration and mainstreaming of environmental and climate objectives into other Union policies and public and private sector practice, including by increasing the public and private sector’s capacity;
- To support better environmental and climate governance at all levels, including better involvement of civil society, NGOs and local actors;
- To support the implementation of the 7th Environment Action Programme.
The ELMEN EEIG provides about 130 long-term experts specialised in monitoring and evaluation and in thematic fields related to EU environmental policy. The experts monitor more than 1000 projects that are financed via the LIFE instrument.
ELMEN EEIG (managed by Particip) (Lead), ELLE, IDOM, ILE UKE, Oréade-Brèche, Particip, Prospect C&S, TIMESIS